The marching band students had a great time performing at last Thursday's football game! Lots of cool pictures from game night courtesy of Mrs. Jackson!
Shoutout to all the parent volunteers who helped out in concessions and field crew during the game! We love you!! <3
1) Flanagan Winter Guard Interest Meeting & Tryouts will be held Wednesday October 12th and October 19th 4:00pm-5:30pm in the FHS Auditorium. Come out and bring a friend! Spread the word to any student interested to be a part of our world class team (click here for the flyer, feel free to share!) No experience needed!
2) Click here for Naples Competition Lunch Meal Deal & Dinner Info for Saturday 10/15. Meal Deal orders are due by Thursday 10/13. Students should bring dinner money for concessions at Naples HS (bring cash). Naples Competition Concessions Menu
3) JOHN THE BAKER FAMILY NIGHT FUNDRAISER, October 12; 3-9 pm see flyer for details. Support our FS Music program.
4) The Flanagan Wind Orchestra will perform in conjunction with the FAU Wind Ensemble on Thursday October 20th at 7:00pm in the Flanagan HS Auditorium! Marching Band Rehearsal will end at 7:00pm that day; Students are encouraged to come out and support our Wind Orchestra students for this special concert collaboration! Concert flyer 5) We are looking for volunteers to help with the field crew for the marching band on competition days! Please email Mrs. Jackson at email@example.com to sign up! 6) Come join us for a Family Potluck Breakfast with our Marching Band students on Saturday, October 15th at 8:45am in the Flanagan HS Cafeteria! Our FSA Family Breakfast is looking for some delicious donations: - Fresh Fruit - Coffee - Hash Browns - Bacon - Cinnamon Buns - Apple Juice - Any breakfast food your family enjoys Click here to add your items to the potluck list! We have a large group attending and any donation will be greatly appreciated. The FSA Family that eats together, successfully competes together! Thank you! 7) Marching Band Student Composite Photos were taken Wed 9/21. Portraits can still be ordered, email Mr. Gabriel at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still interested in ordering your child's photo.
8) SENIORS: FMBC awards Scholarships to high school band seniors who are graduating in the Spring of 2023. There are 3 levels: The Music 'n Motion Scholarship, for Auxiliary Members, The John Rusnak Memorial Scholarship, for any and all Instrumentalists, and the top scholarship is the Jon Kersten Memorial Scholarship, for ANY High School Senior in a Marching Band Program in Florida. Click here for the FMBC Scholarship application. This form must be completed and submitted by October 15th, 2022.
9) Friendly reminder of important upcoming events (more details to come):
Saturday 10/15 - Naples High School Competition
Thursday 10/20 - Marching Band Rehearsal 2:00pm-7:00pm (Early Release day)
Friday 10/21 - Marching Band Rehearsal Camp 9:00pm-5:00pm (Teacher Planning Day)
Saturday 10/22 - Marching Band Rehearsal Camp 9:00am-6:00pm Saturday 10/29 - Double-Header: Marching Band MPA and Hialeah HS Competition
STUDENTS: Please wear white to all marching band rehearsals! This makes cleaning the drill much easier for the directors and staff.
Tuesday October 11: Marching Band After-School Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:30pm
Wednesday October 12: Winter Guard Tryouts @ FHS Auditorium 4:00pm-5:30pm
Thursday October 13: Marching Band After-School Rehearsal 3:30pm-7:30pm
Friday October 14: Marching Band After-School Rehearsal 3:30pm-7:30pm
Saturday October 15: Naples HS Show!Student Itinerary
Tuesday October 18: Marching Band After-School Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:30pm
Wednesday October 19: Wind Orchestra Trip to FAUStudent Itinerary
Winter Guard Tryouts @ FHS Auditorium 4:00pm-5:30pm
Thursday October 20 (Early Release Day):
FAU Collaborative Concert @ 7:00pm in FHS Auditorium Marching Band After-School Rehearsal 2:00pm-7:00pm
Friday October 21 (Teacher Planning Day): Marching Band Rehearsal Camp 9:00am-5:00pm
Saturday October 22: Marching Band Rehearsal Camp 9:00am-6:00pm
Tuesday October 25: Marching Band After-School Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:30pm
Wednesday October 26: Winter Guard Staging Rehearsal @ TBA
Thursday October 27: Marching Band After-School Rehearsal 3:30pm-7:30pm
Friday October 28: Marching Band After-School Rehearsal 3:30pm-7:30pm
Saturday October 29: Marching Band MPA; Hialeah HS Competition