As the Flanagan Band & Color Guard “fans-in-the-stands,” we are ambassadors for the FLANAGAN HIGH SCHOOL. Our actions in the stands are directly related to the hard work and PRIDE of each of our students marching on the field or floor. When attending performances and competitions as ambassadors of the Flanagan Program, we have an opportunity to set the standard for fan behavior, just as our students have worked to set the example for performance.
- Being an ambassador of FLANAGAN includes consideration and respect for the hard work and performance of others. When attending a performance, let’s keep a few key points in mind: Save conversations for the times between performances. Others want to hear the music.
- Being careful what you say about the performance of others while you are at a competition, can prevent hurting the feelings of other parents whose child has worked just as hard as yours.
- Always applaud a band’s performance. The students work long and hard to perfect a performance and enjoy your appreciation of their efforts.
- When attending a performance outdoors, be prepared for inclement weather with a poncho or raincoat. Umbrellas block the view of those behind you and may even be dangerous to others in the close quarters of stadium seating.
- When photographing or video taping a performance, be mindful not to block the view of others. (Reminder, BOA, WGI & SFWGA does not permit video cameras.)
- When performers do a good job don’t be afraid to cheer loud! This is their reward for the countless hours they have put in. Stand up and give them a standing O! You will make their day!
- Finally, and most importantly, attend as many performances as possible to support our students and to enjoy the show!